(PRWEB UK) 13 December 2011
Parasoft® dotTEST™ is an integrated solution for automating a broad range of best practices proven to improve software development team productivity and software quality. dotTEST facilitates:
- Static analysis—static code analysis, data flow static analysis, and metrics analysis
- Peer code review process automation—preparation, notification, and tracking
- Unit testing—unit test creation, execution, optimization, and maintenance
- Plugin testing—sets up the actual application execution environment and launches tests from it
This provides teams a practical way to prevent, expose, and correct errors in order to ensure that their .NET code (including C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and Managed C++ ) works as expected. To promote rapid remediation, each problem detected is prioritized based on configurable severity assignments, automatically assigned to the developer who wrote the related code, and distributed to his or her IDE with direct links to the problematic code and a description of how to fix it.
Parasoft's customers, including 58% of the Fortune 500, rely on dotTEST for:
- Preventing errors that compromise security, reliability, and performance
- Complying with internal or regulatory quality initiatives
- Ensuring consistency across large teams
- Increasing productivity by automating tedious yet beneficial development practices
- Successfully implementing popular development methods like TDD, Agile, and XP
Parasoft dotTEST 9.3 adds the following new features:
- StyleCop integration. StyleCop rules can be lanuched by dotTEST.
- MS Unit Tests can be executed by dotTEST.
- New metrics view.
- Rerun last analysis button.
Important changes in dotTEST 9.3.0
1. StyleCop integration
dotTEST can now run selected StyleCop rules and report violations in the normal manner. The workflow with StyleCop rules and violations is the same as the workflow with dotTEST static analysis rules. This means:
- Rules are shown in the Test Configuration rules tree
- Violations are displayed in the Quality Tasks view
- Violation markers are added to source code
- Violations are assigned to authors using source control data
- Violations can be suppressed using Parasoft in-code or Team Server suppressions
- Violations can be included in reports
- Quality Tasks can be distributed from a server-based analysis to a developer's Visual IDE
- Rule documentation can be displayed directly from Visual Studio
2. MS Unit Tests
MS Unit Tests can be executed by dotTEST similar to NUnit tests. For details of supported MS Unit Tests API see C:\Program Files\Parasoft\dotTEST\9.x\help\MSUnitTests.pdf
3. New Metrics view
Metrics view now provides tree oriented perspective of metrics results. This simplifies browsing and understanding metrics results. The tree provides means for filtering results and tunig displayed data to user's needs.
4. Rerun last analysis
A new button on Test Progress dialog allows to relaunch last Test Configuration on the last selection. This simplifies workflow with the tool and accelerates cleaning given working scope from all reported quality tasks.
5. New Test Configurations
A new builtin Test Configurations are now available:
- Static Analysis/Find Memory Issues
- Static Analysis/StyleCop Rules
6. Static Analysis performance improvement
Performance of Coding Standards rules was significantly improved.
7. Rule Improvements
Various static analysis rules have been added or updated.
Parasoft is recognized by software development professionals as the leader in software development lifecycle automation. By integrating software development management, quality lifecycle management, and dev/test environment management, we help teams deliver better software faster. Since 1987, over 10,000 companies—including 58% of the Fortune 500—have turned to Parasoft to ensure that quality software can be produced consistently and efficiently. For more information, visit the Parasoft web site and ALM Best Practices blog.