London (PRWEB UK) 24 December 2011
The Gap Daemon Hostel Awards are based on reviews and reports from Gap Daemon members and gap year experts. Compiled over the course of 2011, the awards highlight overall quality and standard of service and facilities, plus the provision of internet services and the general ambiance.
With Gap Daemon members checking in from across the globe and feeding back information, the awards are a valuable insight into the best places to stay for anyone travelling in 2012.
The Gap Daemon number one hostel for 2011 was Casa Zaza in Itacare, Brazil. Gap Daemon member Matt Jerwood summed up the general opinion of this winning entry:
“It’s got incredibly beautiful beaches nearby (and others that require a 45-minute jungle walk to reach), it’s surrounded by low-key Caparihna stalls and the locals are friendly and laid-back. The quirky two-street town is a hit with surfers and Casa Zaza’s Dutch hosts are brilliant.”
Thirteen hostels made the final list; anyone travelling in 2012 is strongly advised to book a bunk!
1. Casa Zaza in Itacare, Brazil
2. Poet's Corner Hostel in Olomouc, Czech Republic
3. Hostel Inn Iguazu in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
4. Cool Runnings in Senga Bay, Malawi
5. A Beary Good Hostel in Singapore
6. Vara’s, Muri Beach in Cook Islands
7. Elsa’s in Little Corn Island, Nicaragua
8. The Jolly Swagman in Sydney, Australia
9. NapPark in Bangkok, Thailand
10. Base Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand
11. Magnums in Airlie Beach, Australia
12. Long Street Backpackers in Cape Town, South Africa
13. Base Brisbane in Brisbane, Australia
Nadia Latif, the editor at Gap Daemon, explained:
“When I’m travelling I always want to know what other backpackers think of places to visit and hostels to stay in. That’s why it’s so good that we are publishing what our members think, rather than just a marketing bod in some office.”
James Capon, the CEO at Gap Daemon goes on to say:
"There are many quality hostels out there that offer so much more than your average three-star hotel (free Wi-Fi for one thing!). Our awards recognise and raise the profile of the hostels our members love, so that budget backpackers can get the most out of their trip."
Gap Daemon are seeking entries from other hostels and recommendations from anyone travelling for the 2012 awards. Entries can be submitted at [http://www.gapdaemon.com/hostel-awards
For more information go to: http://www.gapdaemon.com/advice/experience/best-hostels-world-visit-2012