Check over the car and prepare it for the journey also.
Kent (PRWEB UK) 11 November 2012
Whether travelling alone or with a family Luggage Superstore would like to give some tips on how to keep safe while travelling through the winter months.
- Plan your journey in advance and prepare for your self and friends or family. For driving holidays particularly you would need blankets, first aid kits etc. If travelling with kids-lots of entertainment as children can get very restless sitting over long periods.. Take mobile phones, chargers and emergency chargers. Money is vital to take along,so take some cash as well as cards.
- Plan ahead for the route. Check for road works or diversions that may delay the journey. Most of these are usually posted along routes online, so do some research.
- Check over the car and prepare it for the journey also. Check that the engine’s anti freeze is topped up for freezing temperatures. Top up on fuel and check tyres too. Check the radiator and oil level etc.
- Night time travelling during winter can sometimes prove more dangerous due to the temperature drop and hence frost and ice developing on the roads. However, if travelling with toddlers, travelling through the night may prove quite peaceful and may need to have fewer stops to tend to toddlers as they may be asleep.
- Breaking down on a dark lonely road or a busy motorway can be stressful and daunting. Make sure you have an adequate breakdown service to suit your needs e.g. one to drop off to destination and take the vehicle to agreed point for repairs etc. Again, be sure mobile phones are kept charged for such emergencies.
- Slow down. This can be taken for granted quite easily. However, slowing down can help reaction time to be adequate if needing to stop the vehicle suddenly.
- Take frequent rest stops for long trips to stretch your legs and to keep you more alert.
- Keep fluid intakes frequent as it is so easy not to have water during trips. Dehydration can lead to fatigue.
- Take along road maps also as a back up plan for any route diversion that was unexpected, relying only on a GPS device can prove misleading.
Luggage Superstore’s established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.