(PRWEB UK) 15 November 2012
The newest computer operating system by Washington state giant Microsoft is bringing some changes to the way people use their PCs. Protect Your Bubble takes a look at some of the new features.
1) Windows 8 will link a Windows login to a Microsoft account. This can be disabled, but initial reports say linking the two makes using remote and cloud-based features a lot easier.
2) When starting the computer, the applications appear on the screen as tiles. The traditional Start button is gone. Navigating this is not going to be a major chore, but it will take some people time to get used to it. It is not a desktop replacement, but a launch for applications.
3) A major change is the right click. Now a right click on a desktop item brings up a bar across the bottom of the screen with context-related items. This is similar to the way tablets work.
4) The desktop, once the user gets to it, is pretty much visually the same as in previous versions. Icons appear to the left. However to get to the desktop from inside an application, press Windows-D. Simply pressing Windows takes the user back to the Start screen. Another tap on Windows and the user goes back to the most recently used application.
5) Touch Screen Tech. Windows 8 incorporates a lot of touch-screen technology that most present desktop and laptop monitors can’t use. As makers realize more and more people want touch-screen tech, Windows 8 users will see increased function in this OS.
6) Tablets, a market MS has so far failed to get break into successfully, is another reason for WIndows 8. Windows RT, a slightly different Windows 8 OS, will run on some MS tablets while the Surface Pro will run version 8. The major difference is RT is limited in what it will run and do. Tablet devices with a Intel-compatible processors can run Windows 8.
7) A MS store is on the way too. Anyone buying apps from the MS store will have to create a MS account.
Regardless of what operating system your computer, tablet or smart phone runs, that electronic device represents a serious investment. If it breaks down, gets stole or damaged, how will it be replaced. Protect Your Bubble, specialist gadget insurer can provide peace of mind. Visit Protect your bubble for more information on what’s cover and an instant quote.
Protect your bubble is an online gadget insurance provider, specialising in great value insurance cover for iPads, mobile phones, iPhones, Smartphones,cameras and more.
Get an instant quote for your gadgets via the following URLs:
Laptop Insurance uk.protectyourbubble.com/li-laptop-insurance.html
Mobile Phone Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/gi-mobile-phone-insurance.html
Tablet Insurance: uk.protectyourbubble.com/tablet-insurance.html
Protect your bubble are on the following social networks: