Every customer who buys brake pads or shoes from any Halfords Autocentre nationwide will receive a lifetime Brakes4life guarantee.
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 17 November 2012
Halfords Autocentres, the UK’s leading independent car servicing, repair, tyre and MOT network, is set to save car owners who have purchased its unique Brakes4Life product since it was introduced in October last year more than £24 million.
Over the past 12 months more than 30,000 car owners have taken advantage of the company’s lifetime brake replacement pledge – which was set up to help reduce the cost of motoring whilst maintaining the safety of these vital components.
Halfords Autocentres marketing director Rory Carlin comments: “At a time when the cost of motoring is rising, Brakes4life is a great value proposition that offers car owners peace of mind.
“We are pleased with the take-up of the product so far but hope that as more motorists find out about it, they will be positively encouraged to take better care of their cars without having to worry about the financial implications.”
Every customer who buys brake pads or shoes from any Halfords Autocentre nationwide will receive a lifetime Brakes4life guarantee - a unique market-leading pledge that then applies to any car that a customer goes on to own and could save the average car owner in the region of £816* over their driving lifetime.
Brake pads and shoes are amongst the most frequently replaced components on a car and Halfords Autocentres data shows that one in five of the 650,000 cars it services each year needs these replaced**. This means motorists are often faced with an additional bill they weren’t anticipating at a time when they are already spending on their car.
Brakes4life has won the approval of Plain English Campaign, the group that works tirelessly to untangle complicated offers and language and confusing terms and conditions. It has praised Halfords Autocentres for bringing a product to market that offers customers a transparent and easy to understand benefit.
Brakes4life is only available at Halfords Autocentres. For further information visit http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/brakes4life.
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITOR:
Halfords Press Office
0207 025 6658 / halfordsteam(at)redconsultancy(dot)com
- • According to Halfords Autocentres data, the average brake pad or shoe, under normal use, lasts for approximately 30,000 miles
- The average motorist drives approximately 10,000 miles per year
- The average cost of replacing a pair of pads on a typical mid-range car is approximately £79
- A driver passing his or her test at 17 stands to drive for at least 53 years (to age of 70), however since the median age of the UK population as taken during the last census was 39 our calculation assumes an average driving life of 31 years
- The formula used is therefore: saving = 31/(30,000/10,000) x 79
- 18% of all vehicles receiving a service at Halfords Autocentres during the year ending 31 August 2011 had brake pads or shoes fitted at the same time
- Halfords Autocentres’ Brakes4life lifetime replacement is excellent value and lasts for as long as you own a car
- You ONLY pay for your first set of brake pads or brake shoes at Halfords Autocentres
- If you change your car, simply bring in your new car to register for the lifetime replacement, or transfer your lifetime replacement with the car to the new owner
- Halfords Autocentres will supply and fit all future brake pads or shoes when you need them, FREE of charge
- You do not need an annual service or check to maintain your lifetime replacement, although we recommend that you keep your car in good, safe condition
About Halfords Autocentres
With over 260 centres nationwide, Halfords Autocentres is the UK’s leading independent car servicing, repair, tyre and MOT network. Now part of the Halfords group, our name may be new, but our centres have been a feature of the towns and cities of Britain for a decade or more.
Halfords Autocentres provides dealership quality work at affordable prices to around 750,000 customers every year, with over 8 out of 10 saying that they would recommend us to a friend. Our expert service is backed with both a quality and price guarantee: work is guaranteed for 12 months or 12,000 miles, and we promise to match any price quoted locally like for like. See website for terms and conditions.