When boiling vegetables only use as much water as needed, this helps cut use of excess water as well as using excess gas or electricity to heat unnecessary water.
(PRWEB UK) 21 November 2012
Over the last few weeks energy companies have announced plans to increase the price of energy bills including gas and electricity. Ofgem predicted back in 2009 that customers’ bills would rise by 14% up to 25%, and the recent announcements have confirmed this.
In response to the statistics Dosh Express have released cooking tips to keep your energy bills as low as possible as the cold winter months approach.
- When boiling vegetables only use as much water as needed, this helps cut use of excess water as well as using excess gas or electricity to heat unnecessary water.
- An alternative is to use the kettle instead of a pan to boil the water, this is both more energy efficient and time saving.
- Always use the correct size of pan for the hob rings and put a lid on it. This prevents heat from escaping and helps the food cook quicker, in turn saving energy.
- Using the right sized pan will also ensure that only the bottom of the pan is heated, saving energy and stopping the handles getting unnecessarily hot and burning your hand.
- Always make sure that taps are properly turned off as this will save both gas and water. Obviously turning them off will stop leaking water but it will also prevent gas heating cold water in a boiler constantly as unused water drips away.
- Using other heating and cooking devices such as microwaves or steamers will save energy as they require less energy to heat up and cook food quicker. Such items also make it possible to cook more than one food at once, for instance, a steamer can cook various vegetables all at one go.
- Do not turn the oven on for too long when it is required to preheat.
- Clocks on microwaves, cookers and hobs use electricity. Turning these off will prevent any extra energy used.
Dosh Express, the honest Payday Lender, strives to recommend top money saving tips to customers, especially at important financial times of year such as Christmas. With fuel prices undeniably high, making some changes can make a real change to the cost of bills.
Dosh Express is the Honest Lender, helping you get to payday. Based in Derby, in the Midlands, the company’s mission is to provide a great lending service to thousands of our happy customers and be a great place of employment for our staff. Please visit doshexpress.com to apply for a loan, and if you are approved cash is usually deposited in your account within minutes, subject to status. Dosh Express, the trading name of Dosh Express Limited, is a consumer lender offering short-term payday loans, is a member of the Consumer Credit Trade Association (CCTA), and is licenced and regulated by the Office of Fair Trading.