Luggage Superstore gives some tips on safety at Christmas Eve if travelling away from home
Christmas Eve is the day many companies and friends get together for parties to welcome in Christmas Day. Luggage Superstore gives some advice on how to help keep safety levels still high on the Christmas list even while travelling away from home.
Kent (PRWEB UK) 24 December 2012
• Thieves know that many homes will be left empty on this day as many gather in groups for celebrations. Make sure your home is secure. Leave on timer lights to throw off the possible perpetrator. Let a neighbour you trust know that the house is empty.
House fires are prominent this time of year as Christmas tree lights are left on. It is always advisable not to leave the Christmas lights left on. However, check to be sure the electricals are all working well and up to standard. Do not leave candles burning while out of the house or do not leave near the tree while at home.
- Think of the temptation for pets to play with certain items, like hanging lights etc. Place these out of reach from your pets.
- Check that smoke detectors are working-replace batteries if necessary.
- If consuming alcohol- do not drive. Make travel arrangements with someone who is not drinking or use a taxi service. Always let someone know that you are using a taxi service.
- While at celebrations, do not leave valuables exposed in cars or at tables unattended etc.
- Do not hang stockings or tinsel near or over fireplaces. Use a fire guard also.
- It very easy in this busy time to forget simple things that would normally be routinely done. Remember -do not leave fires unattended.
If you like our posting, just drop us a line as we would love to hear from you.
Luggage Superstore’s established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.