Carfinance247.co.uk Study Says Men Rely More On In-car Gadgets Than Women - And Yes, Even The Sat Nav
With data* highlighting that in-car digital radios have seen an 88.7% rise in uptake over the year-to-date (either as standard in a new car or as a paid for option), car finance and dealer specialists carfinance247.co.uk carried out an independent study** to see just what car gadgets and gizmos are popular right now with the average motorist.
Manchester, UK (PRWEB UK) 23 January 2013
Their study revealed:
49.5% of those questioned do have in-car digital radio, with the same percentage of motorists owning a car registered in 2006 or before
- 67% of these motorists are in the over 60s age group
- 37.5 % have an in-car hands-free telephone system, with more than twice the amount of men (47%) saying they have it, compared to just 19% of women
- 28% have Sat Nav – with more than double the amount of men (36%) compared to women (16%)
- Furry dice are enjoying resurgence, with over one in five of those questioned admitting to having them
- 24% of furry dice lovers are women, with the men coming in at 19%
- Still on the furry dice, the top three most popular age bands to have furry dice adorning their cars are, in order, aged 18-29, 30-39 and, surprisingly, the over 60s age band!
- 4% have in-car TV - 5% of men compared to their female counterparts who make up 2.7%
Louis Rix, Director at Carfinance247.co.uk, says: “We carried out the research to see what sort of gadgets and gizmos an average motorist has, as a bit of fun. If you look at the figures, some stereotypes are challenged – such as a more mature driver sporting furry dice in his or her car!
“The study also shows that substantially less women than men have a Sat Nav - maybe suggesting they have better navigation skills?”
** Independent research carried out in January 2013 on behalf of Carfinance247.co.uk by Usurv.
Louis Rix, Director of carfinance247.co.uk, email: email@example.com
Founded in 2000, carfinance247.co.uk is a privately owned business with offices based in central Manchester. We provide vehicle financing solutions for all financial circumstances such as hire purchase, personal contract purchase, contract hire and other leasing options. No deposit is required and we can supply and deliver any make and model of your choice.
Address: The Loading Bay
12-18 Pollard Street