Apple's trade-in share has decreased by 3%, while Samsung's share has increased by almost 2%, which is heavily linked to the upcoming Samsung S4.
(PRWEB UK) 16 April 2013
-Decrease in Apple trade in share in the run up to Samsung Galaxy S4 release.
-Increase in Samsung device valuations in the run up to Blackberry Z10 and Samsung S4 release.
-Apple iPhone 4 16GB still top traded device.
With the exciting upcoming release of the Blackberry Z10 and Samsung S4, CompareMyMobile.com are seeing an increase in the numbers of Blackberry and Samsung devices being traded in. Following the announcement of the S4 there was a 127% increase in the number of current Samsung Galaxy valuations.
The site has also seen GBP1.2 million worth of iPhone 5s traded in since its launch at the end of September, offering over 400 quotes a day to unique users. It is thought this could be due to disappointment with the latest iPhone.
But, there has been a decrease in Apple's overall trade-in share in the run up to the Blackberry Z10 and Samsung S4 release.
This suggests a huge popularity to the upcoming Samsung S4, with CompareMyMobile.com expecting a further increase in trade-ins of these top brands nearer to the release on 26th April.
Top 5 brands traded in:
Apple's trade-in share has decreased by 3%, while Samsung's share has increased by 2%, which is heavily linked to the upcoming Samsung S4.
1. Apple: 44.5% of the trade-in market
2. Blackberry: 19.3% of the trade-in market
3. Samsung: 14.2% of the trade-in market
4. Nokia: 8% of the trade-in market
5. HTC: 6.7% of the trade-in market
Top 5 categories traded in:
Phones still remain the top traded category on the site, but with awareness of electronic recycling increasing, so is the trade-in share percentage for other devices. The phone trade-in share has decreased by almost 2% in the last month.
1. Phones: 85.45% of the trade-in market
2. iPods: 8.47% of the trade-in market
3. iPads: 4.27% of the trade-in market
4. Tablet/Kindle: 1.22% of the trade-in market
5. Games Consoles: 0.29% of the trade-in market
Top 5 traded devices:
Apple's iPhone 4 still remains the top traded device, showing many Apple users loyally upgrading to the latest model.
1. Apple iPhone 4 16GB: 10% of the trade-in market
2. Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB: 5.7% of the trade-in market
3. Blackberry Curve 8520: 5.6% of the trade-in market
4. Apple iPhone 4S 16GB: 3.9% of the trade-in market
5. Apple iPhone 3GS 8GB: 3.8% of the trade-in market
Top 5 most valuable phones of 2013 so far:
Supported by the Porsche brand, the Blackberry Porsche Design P9981 has held its value completely this month at £360, while the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4 values decreased by £4.
1. Blackberry Porsche Design P9981: £360
2. Apple iPhone 5 64GB: £350
3. Samsung Galaxy S4: £326
4. Apple iPhone 5 32GB: £311
5. Apple iPhone 5 16GB: £291
Founded in 2009, CompareMyMobile.com is the UK's #1 source for independent mobile phone, tablet, sat nav, laptop, iPad, iPod and games console recycling price comparison. It delivers customers confidence in making the difficult decision of where to recycle their old phone safely and for the most money. CompareMyMobile is 100% impartial, comparing prices from more than 40 recycling stores.
*Data compiled by CompareMyMobile.com from the period 01/03/13
*Pricing current data as of 01/03/13
*Live pricing available from CompareMyMobile.com
Tel: +44 (0) 7810 882 278